“The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.” Abraham Lincoln
Lately this quote has been close to my heart. So many times we get caught up with thinking about what is going on tomorrow or next week that we forget about today. I am trying to teach myself to slow down. No need to stress out about the future it really does only come one day at a time. I believe it is important to have a plan but if your plan doesn’t work out exactly that way, who is it hurting? Probably no one except you, so let it go and try to go with the flow!
I am constantly thinking about this journey that I am on and thinking of ways to live it better than the day before. Here are a list of things that I believe we need to remind ourselves of often:
- You can not predict the future.
- You can not please everyone.
- Not every person you meet is going to like you.
- Only you control your destiny.
- You are responsible for your own actions.
- Just Breathe.
- It’s not always worth it to get the last word.
- Keep your mouth shut.
- Don’t waste your energy on negative people or situations.
- Don’t get involved in people’s drama.
- People come into your life for a reason, sometimes we may not know it at the time.
- Cherish your friends and family.
- You can only help people who are open to be helped.
- You’re way is not the only way.
- Appreciate & respect differences in others. This is what makes us all unique.
I could go on and on…. For me, the thing that is the hardest is remembering that I can not please everyone and that not everyone is going to like me. I like to help people find what makes them happy. When I run into a person who isn’t receptive to my positivity, I have begun to learn that not everyone is ready to be happy. Some just truly like to be miserable, or maybe they don’t know what it feels like to be happy?
I choose to live each day by trying to put a smile on at least one person’s face. This in turn puts a smile on mine! If we could all just try to make one person smile each day, imagine what could happen!
One thought on “One Day at a Time”
Pingback: Embrace the Now! | Be Happy Stay Happy